“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
Remain positive. Positive thinking…it can sound simple, but often, not easy. Our life consists of ups and downs, challenges and changes, however, we often can forget the benefits of remaining positive. Buddha once said, “We are what we think.” This is why it’s so important to consistently choose a positive way of thinking and make an optimistic attitude – habit or second nature. There are numerous advantages of being positive, let me share with you just a few.
1) A positive mind will attract positive events. If we decide to become positive, we can make the “law of attraction” work in our favor. The main principle of the law of attraction is that “like attracts like”. If you make positive thinking your habitual way of seeing life, imagine how many great things you can attract into your life.
2) All relationships benefit from positivity. When you choose a positive attitude, you will start to notice a lot of positive qualities in people and ignore their faults, and then, you will start to create more meaningful friendships and relationships. A positive attitude will create a loving and positive energy around you.
3) Your health will benefit immensely. Several scientific studies have shown that people with an overall good, positive “vibe” are less likely to suffer from depression and they are typically less likely to become ill than negative thinkers. Changing your thoughts could literally enhance your life.
4) Positivity may be the ‘key to success’. Positive people are more likely to be successful than negative people. When you implement positive thinking into your life, you will notice that success becomes a bit easier and it’s not as tough or difficult as you may have imagined.
5) Positive thinking and an optimistic attitude can transform challenges into opportunities. Negativity can blind your view of the world and poison your mind. If you turn your negative thoughts into positive ones, you will begin to see life clearer and able to focus on solutions rather than problems. You will begin to problem solve and understand that every ‘problem’ is an opportunity to grow.
6) You will notice the abundance of good things in your life. Many of us live life without knowing how truly blessed we are. When we truly show appreciation and gratitude for life’s blessings, we are simply grateful and living with divine thankfulness.
7) Light will shine from within. Positive thinking will make you literally shine and that’s true beauty because it happens naturally. When you are smiling, friendly and happy in general, you are extremely beautiful. Your inner light will shine and will become visible on the outside as well. So smile, be happy and shine your light.
– Jessica Smith, B.S.